Wednesday, January 02, 2008

DEFIANT - NOT WAITING ON THE WORLD TO CHANGE

Glamorous. Jet setter. Fawned over by buff men with deep pockets. Deployer of UN peacekeeping troops. Saver of millions. Soon to be nominee for a Nobel Prize for some altruistic or intellectual deed. Kind of sounds like Angelina Jolie , doesn't it? Lucky woman. No doubt she's having regular sex with Brad. Hell she's having regular sex with a warm body.

Want to join me in breaking out the streamers? I think I might be headed to a pity party. Like the lyrics to "Mama Told Me Not to Come" say, "that ain't the way to have fun." Actually I'm too busy being overwhelmed by having to change every single thing in my life. Oh, and I'm also trying to become a card carrying member of the self actualized.

Okay five ways to break out of this:

1. Write a book about an obscure meditation practice previously only known to indigenous peoples living in a heretofore (always wanted to use that in a sentence) undiscovered region of a southern hemisphere based rainforest.
2. Learn to knit sweaters for the important pets in my life. Wait. Note to self -"get a pet."
3. Buy a bowling ball and get it engraved. When I throw at my ex's head it will be sure to leave a permanent impression. Another note to self - "don't try this at home."
4. Surf a music site looking for songs with my name in the title. Buy only those that don't refer to me as a hooker or a loser.
5. Save two hundred bucks by not signing up for a skydiving class. Who among the midlife crowd would want air currents to leave stretch marks on their faces?

I feel the love.

No comments: